New York City is home to thousands of wonderful hotels and places to stay. Hotels are only as wonderful as their staff, however, and when hotel management and staff fail to regularly maintain the grounds, the hotel can very quickly become unsafe. Unfortunately, unsafe conditions frequently lead to injuries. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced New York City personal injury attorney to learn more about hotel accidents and how we can help you if you have recently been injured in one. Here are some of the questions you may have about the legal process ahead:
What should I do after being injured in an NYC hotel?
If you are injured in an NYC hotel accident, there are several steps that you should take to bolster your chances of winning a personal injury claim in the future. Those steps are as follows:
- Call the police and notify the hotel management of the accident. The hotel management should file an incident report, and the police should also report the incident.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures of the safety hazard that caused you to slip and fall before anyone has a chance to clear them away.
- Once you are treated at the hospital, ensure your doctor gives you all medical documentation concerning your injuries and their extent.
- Retain the services of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney who can obtain all additional evidence required to satisfy the burden of proof. For instance, our firm may obtain surveillance footage of your accident as it occurred via a subpoena.
What is the statute of limitations for premises liability claims in New York City?
If you are injured on someone else’s property in New York City, you will have to file your personal injury claim within the state’s statute of limitations. If you wait past the state’s statute of limitations, you will most likely be permanently barred from suing. The statute of limitations for premises liability claims in New York City is, generally, three years, unless you were injured on property owned by a municipality. Be very careful not to wait too long to sue. Our firm is ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today–all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.