The Fourth of July is nearly here, and if you are hosting this year, you should first have a strong understanding of fireworks safety to ensure that you and your guests can have a fun, yet safe, evening. Below, our New York City personal injury attorney has compiled a short checklist for you to follow. Please continue reading to learn more.
What do I need to know about fireworks safety?
Please take the following advice before and during your fireworks spectacle:
- Never purchase or use fireworks without first ensuring that they are legal in your area.
- Always leave lighting off fireworks to adults. Children should never be allowed to handle fireworks.
- Always keep pets inside, as oftentimes, the sounds and lights can cause them to run away.
- Do not start lighting off fireworks without a water source, such as a garden house, and a fire extinguisher, nearby.
- Always wear protective glasses when setting off fireworks. You can get these at any hardware store for cheap.
- If a firework does not go off on your first attempt, do not try to relight it, as this frequently causes serious burn injuries.
- Make sure everyone is a safe distance away before you begin the show.
- Once a firework has been lit, do not throw it straight in the trash. First, douse it with cool water and let it sit outside for a little while to ensure it cools off and does not start a fire.
What happens if I am harmed by fireworks?
If you are injured in a firework accident due to another party’s negligence, there is a very good chance that you are now seeking financial compensation. Once you receive medical treatment, it is imperative that you retain the services of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney who can gather and present all the evidence needed to win you the compensation you deserve in a premises liability claim. That being said, it is critical that you reach out to us in a timely fashion, as NYS has a statute of limitations of three years, so if you wait any longer than three years, there is a very good chance you will be barred from suing. Do not let this happen. We are ready to fight for your right to a swift recovery today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.