End of the night fireworks will always complete Fourth of July celebrations with a bang. However, it is important to refresh your memory on some fireworks safety tips to consider this holiday. Continue reading to discover the top tips to consider when celebrating this holiday.
Fireworks Safety Tips To Consider this Fourth of July
Consider the following fireworks safety tips this Fourth of July to keep your loved ones safe:
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Never light a firework in your hand.
- Do not light fireworks, or certain types of fireworks, if they are illegal in your area.
- Always wear protective glasses when setting off fireworks.
- Back away quickly after lighting a fuse.
- Wear eye protection.
- Always light fireworks outdoors.
- Do not consume drugs or alcohol while lighting fireworks.
- Do not let pets outside. Fireworks can cause them to run away or suffer from severe anxiety.
- Do not allow children to handle fireworks. Fireworks should only to handled by responsible adults.
- Never stand over fireworks before setting them off.
- Do not buy any fireworks that come in brown paper. These are professional-grade fireworks and may result in serious injuries if you are not an expert
- Douse all fireworks in cool water before throwing them away.
- Ensure you have a fire extinguisher and garden hose on standby in case of a fire.
- Never throw or point fireworks at another person.
- Do not try to relight “dud” fireworks that don’t initially go off. This may lead to burns.
- Ensure all spectators are a safe distance away
What should I do if I am injured in a fireworks accident?
If your fireworks accident was caused by another property owner’s negligence, you may qualify for financial compensation in a personal injury claim. To collect as much evidence as possible to boost your personal injury claim, you should begin by taking photos of the hazard that caused your accident as well as photos of your injuries. Call the police to have them conduct a police report to document the accident. You should also collect witnesses’ contact information. If you were treated for your injuries, it is important to collect all relevant medical documents regarding the accident including the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
Finally, you should reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney who will help you to achieve the compensation you require to heal. Contact our firm today to discuss our services and learn how we can assist your upcoming case.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.