How to Recover Compensation After Being Injured by a Drunk Driver

Once you have a drink, it is no longer safe for you to drive. Everybody knows this. Unfortunately, that does not stop everyone from doing so. If you are involved in a car accident with a drunk driver, you may be severely injured. Do not let such a careless act go unnoticed. Read on and speak with our seasoned personal injury firm about recovering the financial compensation you deserve.

How do I sue the drunk driver who caused my injuries?

The key to winning any personal injury claim is satisfying the burden of proof. This means that if you are able to prove that you were injured due to another party鈥檚 negligence, you will most likely qualify for financial compensation. This is why you must hire an experienced attorney that you can trust.

How do I prove a personal injury claim?

Personal injury claims can be challenging to prove at times, so your attorney will have to gather a significant amount of proof to hold a drunk driver accountable for his or her actions. Your attorney may use photographs or surveillance footage, medical documents, police reports, breathalyzer records, eyewitness statements, and more to prove your claim. Do not try and go it alone. Hiring our firm will substantially boost your chances of receiving a positive outcome.

What is the New York dram shop law?

Most of the 50 states have laws in place to hold negligent individuals or establishments serving alcohol accountable for a drunk driving accident. In New York, the dram shop law prohibits establishments from serving alcohol to certain people, such as minors, known drunkards, and those who are 鈥渧isibly intoxicated.鈥 If a patron at a New York bar becomes 鈥渂lackout drunk,鈥 then attempts to drive home and crashes into another car, the injured party may then sue the bar for allowing a person to get so intoxicated in the first place.

What is the statute of limitations in New York State?

The statute of limitations in New York is three years. Rather simply, this means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim against a negligent party. If you fail to do so within the allotted timeframe, you will be denied your right to sue. Speak with our knowledgeable firm today about how we can help you.

Contact our experienced New York City firm

At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award.聽Contact our firm today.