There is nothing worse than sustaining an injury due to no fault of your own. However, if this has happened to you, you must continue reading and speak with our New York City personal injury attorney to learn more about how to prepare for your initial consultation with our firm so we can begin building your case and working to recover the compensation you deserve and need. Here are some of the questions you may have:
How do I prepare for my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney?
If you are someone who has been injured in an accident, it is critical that you bring various forms of documentation regarding the injury to your initial consultation with our firm so we can proceed as expeditiously as possible. Some of the information you should bring to our firm includes:
- Medical documents regarding your injury. Also, if injured in an incident of medical malpractice, you should bring your doctor’s information.
- If you were injured in an auto accident, bring pictures of the scene of the accident. If injured on someone else’s property, bring pictures of the safety hazard that caused your accident.
- Bring a copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
- Witness statements and contact information.
- Any written or recorded correspondence you have had with the other party or their insurance company.
How long will I have to schedule my initial consultation in New York City?
It is always best to schedule your initial consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney sooner, rather than later, however, New York State has a statute of limitations in place that regulates the amount of time you will have from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible. If you were injured in a case of medical malpractice, you must file your personal injury claim within 2.5 years of the date of the incident to take legal action against the negligent doctor. That being said, if you are injured in another type of accident, you will most likely have three years from the date of your accident to sue. Our firm is here to help you through every step of the claims process today–all you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced New York City firm
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.