If you and a truck have collided, you may be suffering severe injuries. Truck accidents are some of the worst accidents, and if you are injured, there is a good chance you will need to recover compensation to cover your medical bills, in-home care costs, lost wages, and more. If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, here are some of the most important questions you may have:
What are the most common types of commercial truck accidents?
- Head-on collisions are a fairly common type of truck accident, and they are often the most deadly. Head-on collisions happen when a vehicle is driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Truck driver DUI’s are also a common type of truck accident. Some truckers will abuse certain substances to help them cope with long shifts. Many truckers also crash because they were driving while drowsy or fatigued.
- Rollover collisions usually occur when a truck takes a turn at too high of a speed. They may also occur when the cargo is not properly balanced and secured.
- Jackknife accidents occur when the trailer swings independently of the cab with both sections of the tractor-trailer moving in different directions.
- Underride accidents are rear-end collisions, where a smaller vehicle hits the back of a truck and slides underneath it. These accidents are very often fatal.
How may I recover compensation?
The key to recovering compensation is proving another party’s negligence. You must be able to do so enough to satisfy the burden of proof. This is often more challenging to do in the case of a truck accident, as truck and insurance companies will usually hire a team of legal experts to deny you of your compensation. This is why you must hire an experienced attorney to combat the big truck and insurance companies.
How can I prove another party’s negligence?
Thankfully, there are different things you can do that may help satisfy the burden of proof. If you are reading this and haven’t been involved in an accident, then the first thing you should do is purchase a hands-free, legal dashcam. These devices will record the accident as it happens, and you can use this evidence to help support your claim. Additionally, you should seek medical treatment immediately, as it may help you physically, as well as financially. The medical documents you will receive may also be used to help prove your claim.
Contact our New York firm
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of medical malpractice. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.