Swimming pool accidents occur in and around pools every summer, especially on summer holidays such as Labor Day. This Labor Day, it is important to refresh your memory on the pool safety tips and precautions to take to keep you and your loved ones safe and accident-free over the long weekend. Continue reading to discover the top pool safety tips to keep in mind as you hit the pool this holiday.
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident due to the negligence of the pool owner, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your damages. To learn more about filing a premises liability claim, give our firm a call today. We want each of our clients to get back to their lives after sustaining injuries.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Each time you take a dip in the pool over the long weekend, you should consider the following pool safety tips:
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
If you have sustained injuries in a swimming pool accident that you believe was caused by a negligence pool owner, you may be eligible to recover compensation in a premises liability claim. To begin this process, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to prove negligence in your claim. They will have to prove that your accident was caused by the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety which resulted in your direct damages. To support your claim, your attorney will also recover evidence such as photos and videos of the scene, witness statements, and medical documentation from your medical treatment for your injuries.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.