If you have been injured in an airport accident due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible to recover compensation. To learn more about airport accidents and the steps to take following your accident, continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney for assistance filing your future claim.
How do most airport accidents happen?
There is a wide variety of reasons for airport accidents to occur. However, most commonly, airport accidents are caused by the result of airport management or staff negligence. In many cases, these accidents can be caused by the following factors and unsafe conditions:
- Dangerous parking lots or sidewalks
- Spills left unattended
- Defective elevators and escalators
If you were injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your damages.
What should I do after sustaining an injury in an airport accident?
It is important to have a plan after being injured in an airport accident. To increase your chances of filing a successful claim, take the following steps while you are still at the scene of your airport accident:
- Call the police and notify airport security of the incident. Be sure to request medical assistance.
- While you wait to be treated, if you can, take photos and videos of the unsafe conditions that led to your accident.
- If there were any witnesses of the accident, collect their contact information.
- As soon as the ambulance arrives, seek immediate medical attention.
- Collect all documentation/bills associated with your injury.
- Retain the services of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney. An attorney will work to uncover all additional evidence to prove your claim.
How long will I have to sue for an injury in New York State?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New York is generally three years. This means that you will have three years to file your personal injury claim after the date of your airport accident. Waiting longer than the allotted time will likely result in you losing your right to sue. To get started with this process as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today. We will walk you through the steps of your legal process ahead. Give our firm a call today to begin.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY MEDICAL MALPRACTICE FIRM
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.