People put trust in their orthopedic doctors when they experience issues with their muscular or skeletal system. When doctors do not respond with care for their condition, medical conditions can become further complicated, resulting in damages. If your orthopedic doctor has worsened your medical condition as a result of negligence, you should immediately seek the assistance of an experienced New York orthopedic medical malpractice attorney. They will be able to walk you through the legal process ahead to receive the compensation you require to heal. Continue reading to discover frequently asked questions you might have regarding the aftermath of an incident of orthopedic malpractice.
The Most Common Musculoskeletal Injuries
Some of the most common musculoskeletal injuries are as follows:
- Deterioration of the spine – herniated disc
- Deterioration of the spine – lumbar spinal stenosis
- Wrist injuries– carpal tunnel syndrome
- Shoulder injuries – rotator cuff injury
- Shoulder injuries – tendonitis (can also occur in knees)
- Knee injuries – anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury
- Knee injuries – posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury
- Spine injuries – slipped disc
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Unfortunately, there are many circumstances in which an orthopedic doctor can commit medical malpractice. The following instances are examples of physicians behaving negligently, resulting in their patients being injured further or their condition worsening:
- Failure to properly treat fractures, broken bones, or sprains
- Using defective materials in joint or hip replacement surgery
- Neglecting to diagnose or treat arthritis
- Failing to properly conduct hip or knee replacement surgery
- Ignoring patient’s complaints of back pain
How can I win a medical malpractice lawsuit?
To begin your medical malpractice lawsuit, you will need to hire a knowledgeable attorney who will bring their experience and skills with medical malpractice claims to the table. The first step the attorney will have to take is to prove that you were the orthopedic doctor’s patient, meaning that they owed you a duty of care. The next step they will take is to prove that the orthopedic doctor breached this duty of care, resulting in your damages. They will fight for compensation to cover these damages including past and future medical bills and lost wages. To fight this lawsuit, you will need an aggressive attorney who is prepared to fight a legal team of experts that the doctor in question will likely hire to defend them, considering their practice is on the line. An experienced medical malpractice attorney will fight for the compensation you deserve and to be sure that this doctor can not commit such negligence to another patient.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.