New York City has many extravagant and fun places to stay. Hotels are one of the best ways to explore a new city. However, hotels still have the risk of accidents occurring inside of them due to the negligence of hotel staff and management. When hotel management and staff fail to regularly maintain the grounds, the hotel can quickly become unsafe. If you have been injured in a hotel accident due to no fault of your own, you are likely looking to file a personal injury claim for your damages. To learn more about taking legal action after a New York City hotel accident, continue reading and contact our experienced New York City slip and fall injury attorney. Here are some questions you may have:
What should I do after being injured in an NYC hotel accident?
There are a few steps that you should take after a hotel accident to increase your chances of filing a successful claim:
- Alert the police and hotel management of the accident. Management of the hotel should file an incident report while the police will file a police report. They will also bring medical attention to the scene.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation relating to your treatment.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures of the safety hazard that caused your accident.
- Retain the services of an experienced New York City personal injury attorney who will assist you in collecting further evidence to support your claim. This may include surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for premises liability claims after a hotel accident in New York City?
The statute of limitations for premises liability claims in New York City is generally three years. This means that you will have three years from the date of your hotel accident to bring attention to your claim. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. Failure to file your claim could risk you being permanently time-barred from suing. To get started with this process as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced New York City personal injury attorney. Our legal team is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. Give us a call today to get started.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED NEW YORK CITY FIRM
At Mark L. Bodner, P.C., we are committed to guiding clients through each step of the medical malpractice and personal injury claims process. Our firm understands how traumatic it can be when you become a victim of negligence. We are prepared to fight on your behalf to help you recover a maximum compensation award. Contact our firm today.